Monday, December 1, 2014

The Real World

As I was flipping through the pages of chapter 72, I wondered what story would pop out at me this time. I turned the page and boom. There is was, Holden Raises Hell The Catcher in the Rye. I immediately new this would be the perfect story for me to read because of my personally connection to this book. When I first entered high school, the first thing my dad asked was when did I get to read The Catcher in the Rye. It was his favorite book and he new I would like it because we have similar interests in books. So finally when I entered sophomore year I was able to read this book. I was humored by the goofy personality and violence Holden has in the story. It was the first book that I could imagine myself there next to the character, and feeling like I new him. As I uncovered the dark secrets behind Holden I found him interesting, but most importantly sad. I saw a different view on the world and how cruel it can be. Reading this passage made me realize the importance and meaning behind this rebellious topic. This view opened up the eyes of the readers, showing them the shield of innocence we put around the world and the fear of the down and dirty truth. I enjoyed this passage and the message it brought.

Maddie Rzeppa

No comments:

Post a Comment