Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Bella, Bella, Bella

The last passage I chose to write about, is called CinderBella: Twilight, Fairy Tales, and the Twenty-First-Century American Dream. I have never been the girl into romance books or movies. Chick flicks have never been my cup of tea and they never will. I am more of the action movie type of girl and enjoy rugged tough films. When the Twilight series of books came out I was the only girl in my middle school class who wasn't reading the series. My friends were obsessed with them, my mom was addicted, and the world was hooked. Trust me I love a good fairy tale and Disney movies are the one exception to my love for thrillers, but this just seemed too out there for me.

I was very curious to read this article and see what the opinion of the author is of this book and movie. I was entertained by the realism behind this article and it showed that this story is a over exaggerated fairy tale. Resembling Snow White and Cinderella, Bella is a sweet curious character trying to fit into the world and befriends the animals and creatures in the forest. Bella is desperate to find who she is and these stories bend and twist her path and changes from the person she once was into something she feels she was always born to be.

You caught me red handed, I have seen each of the movies. Each time I hoped something real would happen and after each scene I became more and more disappointed. Being the oldest in my family, and having a mom being a devoted fan, I was brought to the movie theater to watch one of the films. I couldn't understand how having an pasty unattractive man playing a sparkly vampire was entertaining, or seeing a very attractive man constantly change into a giant dog. The cheesy romance of this movie was kind of pathetic to me. After I read this passage I understand a little more about the books and the movies. I can see the inspiration behind it and appreciate it a little bit more.

Maddie Rzeppa

No comments:

Post a Comment