Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cupcakes

The passage So I Thought I Could Dance, immediately caught my eye because I used to be a very dedicated dancer. Know I just love dancing for fun and love watching different dance shows like the one mentioned in this passage, So you think you can Dance.

Being an intense dancer I am well aware of the pressure put on you to be the best. Reading this passage reminded me of the good times I had while dancing. I was mainly focused on ballet and was working towards become a ballerina. After a long day with a 5 hour ballet class, my fellow dancers and I where always exhausted, sweaty and irritated. The one thing that got us through the night was the delicious cupcakes we got after class. We would walk over to the local cupcake shop and devour a snickerdoodle cupcake. We danced down the streets with our tights rolled up and our hair tightly up in a perfect bun. We were all friends and it was great.

When class arrived the next day everyone was jealous of each other again and pointed out each others flaws. We fell back into the swing of things and forgot about the connection we had the day before. The good dancers got beat down with words that made us self conscious and you realized dancing didn't bring you joy any more. This passage brought many good dancing memories back, but also ones that I don't want to remember.

-Maddie Rzeppa

No comments:

Post a Comment