Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"Oh my gosh! Hold on lets take a selfie!" This is something I hear way too often in my day to day life. It doesn't matter where we are what we are doing or who we are doing it with the world needs to know how amazing we look. It is just expected that each day a flawlessly edited photo with a perfect filter is shared to the world. Basically instagram, twitter and facebook are tools to boost our self esteem and make our lives seem way more interesting than they really are. Over glorification on how amazing your life is and bragging to the world about how absolutely amazing you are.

Personally, I have never taken part in any of these social media sights myself. I like having my own privacy and don't feel the need to let everyone on the planet know what I ate for dinner. Does any one out there really even care? I feel like I have my own problems in my life so why would I ever want to share those to everyone hooked on these social sights.

The obsession people have with these sights worries me. How is anyone going to be happy with what they have anymore, and most importantly are people going to know how to communicate with each other in person anymore? These thoughts truly do worry me and in the passage, Here I am Taking my Own Picture, they clearly hit all of these sad but truthful points about the effect of these social sights.

-Maddie Rzeppa

No comments:

Post a Comment