Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Conference Time!

Being totally honest, I was extremely nervous for my conference on my project 3 research paper. I was unsure if I was achieving what was being expected from me and not quit sure the direction I was going in. I had many questions going into the meeting like, citing sources, what my intro should be, the title of my paper, the thesis etc. Basically, I had a lot of questions and was not completely confident in the way my paper was being written.

When I met with my professor, she covered everything. I was blown away by how helpful she was in giving me the guidance I needed for this paper. I had never had a teach work with me face to face about the problems that need fixing, or a way of saying something I didn't know how to say. I felt confident in myself and was completely ready to tackle this paper. Talking about what was needed to be done gave me more passion in writing this paper and helped me not procrastinate. When we were done with our meeting every single question had been answered and I felt really good about this paper.

If we weren't encouraged to schedule a conference, my paper would have not been nearly as good as t was. This helped me learn that even if it is not mandatory, or greatly suggested I should always try to get my papers looked over or ask questions to my future professors. There was a weight lifted off my shoulders after the conference and it helped me out greatly.

Maddie Rzeppa

No comments:

Post a Comment